- How can I use my gift certificate? We are so pleased that someone thought of you and purchased a Gift Certificate from one of the amazing Massage Therapists at Bartlett Therapeutic Massage. Now what? Well, Bartlett Therapeutic Massage is unique in that we are all independent of each other and have control over our schedules, incomes and also gift certificates. Therefore whoever purchased your gift certificate has already paid for your session so your Massage will have to be booked with the therapist on your gift certificate. The easiest thing to do is book online so that you see exactly what is available with your LMT. If you do not find anything that works or you would prefer, please feel free to call (901) 831-7178 and follow the prompts to speak directly with your therapist. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you soon.
- What can I expect during my first visit? For your first visit, please arrive 15 minutes early, you will be required to fill out a health intake form. This is very similar to the papers you fill out at your doctors office. We need to know as much about your health history as we can in order to make the most of your session. You will then be taken to a private room where your therapist will go over your intake form and discuss your goals of the session. The therapist will show you where to put your personal belongings and leave the room while you undress and get on the table between the sheets. The room will be dimly lit with music playing in the background in hopes this eases tension levels and you are able to relax. Your therapist will come in and begin your session after a few minutes. This is YOUR session it is very important that you communicate with your therapist regarding pressure. If the pressure is too great it is important that you let your therapist know so adjustments can be made. After your session, your therapist will leave the room. You will be told to take your time getting up, to get dressed and meet your therapist outside of the room.
- How exposed am I going to be during my massage? You will be laying on a massage table between sheets with a blanket. Your therapist will un-drape one area at a time while the rest of your body stays covered. Rest assured professionalism is a top priority at all times and modest draping techniques are always utilized.
- Can I leave my undergarments on? Absolutely. You undress to your comfort level. Your therapist will be happy to discuss any concerns you have.
- Will a Deep Tissue massage hurt? It is very common for a client to be sore and feel a bit bruised after a deep tissue session. However this will only last 2-3 days and will only be some areas. Then you should feel like a whole new person.
- Are there any conditions that will prevent me from getting my massage? There are several medical conditions that would cause a massage to be contraindicated. It is very important that you inform your practitioner of any changes in medication or health conditions. If you are under a doctors care, your massage therapist may require a recommendation or letter of approval from your doctor.
- Am I supposed to talk or not talk during my session? This answer varies by session. Generally during your first session your therapist will ask you questions about your daily life activities. This will allow them to customize your session to you. The general rule of thumb is however, if you talk your therapist will talk, if you are quiet your therapist will be quiet.
- How will I feel after my session? This answer is different for everyone. Some people state they feel very sleepy, some feel light headed. Therefore, it is very important for you to move slowly when you are getting off the table. Take your time getting up and dressed.
Answers to your questions
COVID-19 Update and Re-Opening Details
To ensure your visit goes as smoothly as possible please download and fill out the following forms and bring them with you to your appointment:
Bartlett Therapeutic Massage takes the safety of its clients (and my family) very seriously. At this time there are many things not known about Covid-19 and since massage is a close contact business we are taking extra precautions to keep all of us safe. We will all have to follow these strict guidelines set by the CDC, the State of Tennessee and Shelby County Health Department in order to operate.
Please check our notice page for full details: